The Raven Hall Hotel only collects necessary basic personal data about you (which includes but is not limited to name, address, email, phone number and may, under certain circumstances, include dietary requirements and other information) only if such details are required by us in the course of providing our services to you in the normal course of our business.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your reservation and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from another trader in the future.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (Mailchimp provide this service)
- any other information that you choose to send to us
- We do not collect your credit card details on this website, this is a service provided by our booking provider infodata
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Why we need your data
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide you with our services in line with your customer relationship with this company. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
What we do with your data
All the personal data we process is processed only by our staff in the UK. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
What we would also like to do with your data
We would however like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar services. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, email or in person. Please tell us if this is something you would like to sign up to. We operate an “opt-in” policy which requires us to obtain your consent before using your details for marketing purposes, this process is handled by Mailchimp.
What are your rights
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect
you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the information Commissioner’s Office http://ico.org.uk/
Your rights include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to your data
- The right to ask us to rectify erroneous data
- The right to ask us to delete data
- The right to restrict data processing
- The right to data portability, which refers to the right to data being stored in a format that can be exported rather than locked in to a proprietary format
- The right to object
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision-making including profiling
In the public areas of Raven Hall Hotel and many staff area CCTV is an operation and video recordings may be made. This activity is carried out for security and service reasons for the better management of the Hotel and security for all its Clients and staff.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to the use of our website. Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal information
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except if/when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.